Our independent research projects and impartial reviews are funded in part by affiliate commissions, at no extra cost to our readers.
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a sexual disorder as old as time itself. While aging is just one of many possible reasons behind the problem, it must be the only inevitable underlying cause. As a man grows older, he can have several types of sexual issues, such as premature ejaculation and generally poor sex drive. Still, erectile dysfunction refers specifically to the trouble of getting or keeping an erection.
Age is not the only cause, meaning there is a likelihood the condition also affects younger men. In the United States alone, it is estimated that as many as 30 million men have erectile dysfunction .That is roughly 10% of the country’s entire population, including children and elderly, male and female. Let us say the male-only population, especially the 18 – 65 age group makes about 150 million people, and you get more clarity of the bigger picture; erectile dysfunction affects 1 in 5 men in the United States.
Unlike the irreversible natural process of aging, however, erectile dysfunction is treatable. If that’s news to you, apparently you are not the only one. I’ve been lucky enough to have found the right treatment from the right physician – and with great help from several friends – to deal with the condition. Bear in mind that everyone is a unique individual, so specific medication or therapy effective for one person always gives the same result for another. A drug that has worked well for many men out there is also likely to be effective for you.
I was not aware of an online erectile dysfunction drug provider called Huge.com until a few months ago. But reading the company’s description and products and how it runs the process, I wish it was on my radar back then.
What to Know About Huge.com
In its essence, Huge.com is a telehealth service that specializes in erectile dysfunction. It is neither a health clinic that requires you to make an on-site visit to receive a prescription nor a pharmacy chain where you must be present to have the prescription filled. The idea behind Huge.com is to accommodate millions of men with erectile dysfunction who happen to be uncomfortable talking about it in a doctor’s office  and show the prescription to a pharmacist anywhere. Huge.com is for men aged 18 years or older in the United States currently looking for medications to treat erectile dysfunction.
Now some important things to know about Huge.com before you make the call:
- Everyone must provide an I.D. for verification purposes. Huge.com does not specifically mention what information the company needs to verify, but it most likely includes age and address.
- I.D. verification and order review process may take up to 48 hours.
- Huge.com is a subscription-based telehealth service. You can pause any subscription plan at any time.
- There is a medical questionnaire before subscribing. Healthcare professionals will review your application and order before giving approval.
- If you are a good candidate for erectile dysfunction medication, the company has a network of doctors to write the prescriptions.
- Health insurance does not cover services from Huge.com. The good thing is that Huge.com does not charge a separate fee for consultation and medicine. They are in one package.
- Huge.com services are available in most states in the USA, including Washington, D.C. However, it is not available in Alaska, Louisiana, Minnesota, and South Carolina.
- Huge.com does not offer services outside the United States.
The entire product range from Huge.com consists of only two types of tablets: Tadalafil and sildenafil. Both are FDA-approved oral medications for erectile dysfunctions in tablets form  . They are the ingredients found in Cialis and Viagra, respectively.
Does Huge.com Work?
There are several types of treatment for erectile dysfunction, including invasive and non-invasive methods. The latter is the first line of therapy in nearly all cases using a medication categorized under oral phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors (PDE5-Is). The most common drugs of that type are sildenafil and Tadalafil.
Whether or not a product, more specifically, a medication, is effective depends largely on the individual patient’s conditions. The severity of erectile dysfunction also plays a factor, although either an increase or a decrease in dose should address the problem. Another essential consideration is underlying medical issues and if the patients are taking other types of drugs. This is why a consultation with a healthcare professional before taking Huge.com products is necessary.
In a comparison study between sildenafil and Tadalafil, published in the International Urology and Nephrology, the two drugs have been found to exhibit comparable quality in terms of efficacy, safety, and treatment satisfaction . A review of a total of 16 previously published studies reveals no significant differences in patients who used sildenafil and Tadalafil as erectile dysfunction treatment.
Although Huge.com products are widely available in most states across the country and you don’t have to talk about erectile dysfunction in direct face-to-face consultation with any doctor to acquire the drugs, you still have to provide I.D. for verification before you receive the prescription, if approved at all. All services, including telehealth, are bound to have some positive and negative points, so here is a rundown for you to consider.
- Huge.com tablets use the same ingredients as Cialis and Viagra.
- Sildenafil and Tadalafil are both FDA-approved and proven effective.
- Since it is an online-based health service, Huge.com does not require you to make an on-site visit.
- Sildenafil tablet is ideal for an “on-demand” treatment. Take a tablet only when need to.
- Tadalafil is safe for daily consumption.
- Free shipping.
- I.D. verification and screening is a mandatory requirement for the subscription.
- Your health insurance may not cover the cost of Huge.com services.
- Services are not yet available in Alaska, Louisiana, Minnesota, South Carolina, and outside the U.S.
- The registration process may require you to provide medical history.
- No free trial offer.
Just like every drug, there can be side effects if consumed higher than the recommended dose or in combination with other medications. Always follow the doctor’s instructions and additional information that may come with your prescription. If you experience discomfort or previously unobserved reactions after consuming either sildenafil or Tadalafil from Huge.com, consult your primary physician .
Features and Benefits
To understand how Huge.com products work to improve erectile dysfunction, first, you need to know about the basic anatomy of the male reproductive organ, the mechanism of erection itself, and the nature of the sexual disorder.
Simple Anatomy of Male Reproductive Organ
In the simplest words, the human penis is a shaft-like organ filled with muscles and blood vessels. It is made of several parts, as follows :
- The glans or head of the penis is externally covered with prepuce (foreskin). In an uncircumcised man, a moist pink tissue known as mucosa covers the glans. In an otherwise circumcised man, the foreskin is removed, and so the mucosa gradually transforms into dry skin.
- The Corpus cavernosum is a column of tissue that runs through each side of the penis. Every man has two of such columns.
- Corpus spongiosum is a sponge-like tissue that runs through the penis’s front and ends at the glans. The urethra – the passage of urine and semen – runs along the center of this tissue.
During an erection, the spongy tissue contains almost all of the blood volume flowing into the penis.
Mechanism of Erection
Some of the first processes, which eventually cause the penis to erect, happen in the brain. Many things can trigger sexual arousal, and some men are more easily aroused than others. Each time your senses experience anything perceived as “sexually arousing” by the brain (something you see, touch, hear, smell, think, or feel), nerves in the brain began a series of chemical bombardments to blood vessels inside the penis . Those chemicals relax the arteries, and thereby a volume of blood can flow into them. At the same time, the veins close up, yet the blood keeps flowing in.
The penis can maintain an erection because the veins remain in a closed position. Blood is trapped inside, and the pressure causes the penis to expand and become firm. Sperms from the testes are finding their way out, but during an erection, they simply build-up at the base of the urethra. At the height of sexual excitement, muscles at the base of the penis began a rapid series of contractions, forcing sperm to flow out through the urethra, hence ejaculation. The veins open, the blood flow stops, and the penis softens.
What Is Erectile Dysfunction (ED)?
Male erectile dysfunction is a condition in which a man cannot get an erection regardless of the sexual arousal perceived by the brain. The arousal exists, but the blood flow into the penis just does not happen. Another possibility is that erection actually happens only to a small extent. Insufficient blood flow cannot expand and harden the penis to the point where satisfactory sexual performance is near impossible.
How Sildenafil and Tadalafil from Huge.com Can Help
The mechanism of erection is at the mercy of phosphodiesterase enzymes (PDE). The primary neurochemical mediator in an erection process is nitric oxide, which functions to increase the production of a messenger called cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). However, PDE constantly breaks down cGMP and effectively stops the series of sequence that gives a man his erection. The most abundant type of PDE in the penis is called PDE5. The use of PDE5 inhibitors allows cGMP to remain in place . Thereby an effective method to treat erectile dysfunction is to limit the presence of PDE5.
In the United States, sildenafil and Tadalafil are two of the most common medications for that purpose.
A study published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine in May 2016 has provided a clear demonstration of the efficacy of sildenafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. The study involved 11,364 men from multiple age groups, including under 65, 65-74, and 75 years or older. Significant improvements were observed in all five domains established in the International Index of Erectile Dysfunction: erectile function, intercourse satisfaction, orgasmic function, sexual desire, and overall satisfaction. Even the oldest age group in the study (men aged 75 years and up) also reported that not only was sildenafil tolerable but also effective .
It was a study to compare sildenafil against placebo. Still, the result has confirmed how sildenafil could help men of any age group deal with erectile dysfunction without invasive treatment of any sort.
In a similar comparison study of Tadalafil against placebo, the drug has been proven effective as well. The study’s result came to surface in 2004 or just a year after Tadalafil has earned FDA approval. The randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled research involved 2102 subjects who suffered from mild to moderate erectile dysfunction. Subjects who took Tadalafil reported significantly greater outcomes. The study also confirmed that the effect of Tadalafil lasted for up to 36 hours (that is a day and a half) after consumption. More surprisingly, the relatively long-term effect was observable in all age groups regardless of the severity of erectile dysfunction and the underlying causes .
Conclusion on the Huge.com Review
Indeed, erectile dysfunction is not a life-threatening condition. It does not even mean there is something wrong with the male reproductive organ. However, sexual disorders may affect the quality of life to an excellent deal, for example, withdrawal from sexual activity and poor relationships, which can contribute to stress.
Sildenafil and Tadalafil have been proven effective in numerous scientific studies over the years. They should be your first options for the following reasons:
- Non-invasive therapy using oral PDE5 inhibitors is the easiest and arguably safest form of treatment for erectile dysfunction.
- The efficacy of both oral tablets is very similar. They stimulate a noticeable increase in erectile function. Side effects are also minimal, as long as consumption is limited to the lowest or recommended dose according to doctor’s prescription.
Huge.com services offer multiple plans for both sildenafil and Tadalafil in 10mg and 50mg dosage, respectively. Each is available in three different package sizes as follows:
|Plan||Package||Cost per Month|
|Basic||X5 10mg tablets||$29.99|
|Premium||X9 10mg tablets||$49.99|
|Deluxe||X18 10mg tablets||$89.99|
|Plan||Package||Cost per Month|
|Basic||X6 50mg tablets||$29.99|
|Premium||X14 50mg tablets||$49.99|
|Deluxe||X28 50mg tablets||$89.99|
Read more about Huge.com services and start your subscription by clicking HERE.